Monday, November 18, 2019


Autographs

     When I first began selling my debut novel in stores, I couldn’t believe anyone would want my autograph, and I still can’t quite believe it five books later.

     A few famous autographs and what they’ve sold for:

The last autograph John Kennedy signed, on a Dallas newspaper copy.   $39,000.
A Jesse James signed photo.   $52,000
An Albert Einstein signed photo.   $75,000 in ‘09
A baseball signed by Joe DiMaggio and Marilyn Monroe.   $191,200 in ‘06
A baseball signed by Babe Ruth.   $388,375
A signed John Lennon/Yoko LP, owned by John’s murderer.   Perversely, $525,000
Lincoln’s signed Emancipation Proclamation.   $3.7 million
George Washington’s signed Acts of Congress.   $9.8 million

     Before Neil Armstrong blasted off for the moon in July, 1969, he and crew mates Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins wanted life insurance, but it was way too expensive, considering their uniquely risky occupation, so they autographed hundreds of commemorative envelopes their families could sell if they didn’t make it back.  The envelopes have become collectibles, and one sold in 2013 for $50,788.

     So buy any one of my suspense novels, available on Amazon and also easily through my website.  And some day . . . who knows what it might be worth?

     By the way, my NEW stand-alone novel Killing Ground is live on Amazon in both e-book and print versions. Check it out on my website.  www.philbowie.com


Phil





No comments:

Post a Comment